- What is a vendor account on Amazon?
A vendor account on Amazon is a type of account that allows brands to sell their products directly to Amazon, which then sells them to customers on its platform. Brands that use a vendor account are responsible for managing their inventory, setting prices, and shipping products to Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
- What is a seller account on Amazon?
A seller account on Amazon is a type of account that allows individuals or businesses to sell their products directly to customers on the platform. Brands that use a seller account are responsible for managing their own inventory, setting prices, and shipping products directly to customers.
- Why use a hybrid model on Amazon?
While both vendor and supplier accounts have their own benefits and drawbacks, a hybrid model combines the best of both worlds. By using both a supplier account and a seller account on Amazon, brands can take advantage of the benefits of both accounts, including:
- It allows you to create and test new products quickly and easily, without relying on Amazon’s POs.
- Greater flexibility and control of the brand, allowing price control at all times
- Access to new data, different reports and KPIs from both platforms
- Reduced dependency on Amazon at all levels
- Better profitability if both models are working properly and aligned in the strategy.
- Assure the availability of the product
- Faster internationalization to other territories
It is a model that can be reversed at any moment